Pennsylvania Horseshoe Pitchers Hall of Fame
Committee Members (current as of 8/31/2017)
NAME HOMETOWN YEAR INDUCTED
John Fulton Carlisle 1976
Mike Riedl Pittsburgh 1976
Dan Kuchcinski Erie 1977
Mae Kilinsky Pittsburgh 1977
Jim Ohler Mt Pleasant 1977
John Clingan Pittsburgh 1977
Ivan Lute Barnsboro 1977
Dale Carson New Kensington 1977
Steve Menachak Uniontown 1977
Ray Fournier 1977
Mervin George Jackson Center 1977
George Curry Fayette City 1977
Glen Sebring Erie 1977
Stewart Straw Berwindale 1977
Herb Pinch Sharon 1977
Al Zadroga Sr Elizabeth 1978
Herman Boyer Beaver 1978
Oscar Engle Pittsburgh 1979
Joe Abbott Erie 1979
Jim Solomon Uniontown 1980
Clyde Martz Pittsburgh 1981
Jack Swyers Belleville 1981
Jack Rainbow Monaca 1981
No Inductees 1982
Curt Over Altoona 1983
Joe Mancini New Castle 1984
Frank Kilinsky Pittsburgh 1985
Taylor Carnahan Shelocta 1985
Joe Kuchcinski Erie 1986
Paul Beer Erie 1986
Chick Denk Johnstown 1987
Dan Beshore New Cumberland 1987
Frank Carnahan Shippenville 1988
Clair Bruce New Castle 1988
Francis White Erie 1989
Rich Maroni Arnold 1989
Glenn Burris Bellfonte 1990
Ed Blum Darlington 1990
Alvin Long Dallas 1991
Casey Danner Newell 1992
H. Earl Brown Fenton 1992
Ron Weiss Pittsburgh 1993
Grace Rugg Mill Run 1994
Wes Kuchcinki Erie 1995
Kurt Von Kleist Jr Russell 1996
Steve Kuchcinki Erie 1997
Joe Pagnanelli Pittsburgh 1998
John Mathys Bradford 1999
Frank Bohun Erie 2000
Tom Decker Camp Hill 2001
Judge John Brosky Carnegie 2001
Harold Clippinger Mt Holly Springs 2002
Eleanor Weston Shelocta 2003
Sam Sutton Washington 2003
Ed Pacacha Munhall 2004
Jack Potter Erie 2005
Joe Wohar Donara 2005
Jim Zdrale Pittsburgh 2006
Cindy Hoffman Pittsburgh 2007
Glenn Brown Felton 2007
Harvey Hayes Erie 2008
Dick Scott Camp Hill 2009
Darle Esh Mill Hall 2010
Dick Dart Milroy 2011
Frank McAllen Roxbury 2012
No Inductees 2013
No Inductees 2014
Dale Estep Dallas 2015
Bobby White Erie 2015
Denny Hall Huntingdon 2016
Vesta Milne Aliquippa 2017
Joan Douglas Auburn 2017
Lee Estep Dallas 2018
David Holliday Limerick 2018
The preceding list is updated as of 8/31/2017. If you wish to resign your position, please contact the chairperson of this committee, as indicated by the dates next to each person's name. It is then the chairperson's job to contact the charter president of the appropriate association (East or West) to inform them of this vacancy, and it is the charter President's job to appoint a new committee member, and give that person's information to the current Hall of Fame Committee Chairperson. It is also the Committee Chairperson's responsibility to maintain this list, and make sure that all contact information for each Committee Member is correct and up-to-date.
Committee Member Name Year(s) as Chairman
Steven Kuchcinski 2018-2019
2875 Davison Road
Erie, PA 16421
David Fisher 2020-2021
909 North Penn Street
Allentown, PA 08102
Bill Enslen 2022-2023
PO Box 381
Prospect, PA 16052
Steve Swisher 2024-2025
2923White Birch Lane
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
Bob Jones 2026-2027
4136 State Route 158
New Wilmington, PA 16142
Tom Decker 2028-2029
334 Charlotte Street
Millersville, PA 17751
Tom Hewitt 2030-2031
1218 Walnut Avenue
DuBois, PA 15801
Walter Burtner 2032-2033
250 Wynona Drive
Auburn, PA 17922
Pennsylvania Horseshoe Pitchers Hall of Fame
Eligibility Requirements and Committee Guidelines
The purpose of the Pennsylvania Horseshoe Pitcher’s Hall of Fame Committee is to recognize deserving individuals who have made significant contributions to the game of horseshoes.
To be eligible for induction into the Pennsylvania Horseshoe Pitchers Hall Of Fame, a person must be, or have been, a member of either charter of Pennsylvania (East or West) for a minimum of 8 years. Membership time in each charter is combined to meet overall time requirement.
Individuals may be nominated in one of three categories:
combination of player/promoter
HALL OF FAME NOMINATION GUIDELINES
· Candidates may be nominated by anyone. You do not have to be a pitcher or an NHPA member in order to submit a nomination for someone.
· Any candidate for consideration into the Hall of Fame must have a résumé or history. Examples of items to include in the résumé or history:
· activities in the sport of horseshoes (promotional and participatory),
· tournaments won, tournament records, state tournaments
· county, state, and national records or titles
· positions and offices held,
· contributions to the good of the game
· any other information that may be helpful.
· The category for which the candidate is being nominated must be stated.
· Candidate submissions are to be sent to the committee chairperson.
· Deadline for submissions: June 1st.
· Deadline for votes to be returned to Chairperson: July 1st.
· Any candidate in consideration for election into the Hall of Fame must receive 75% of the total first place votes to be inducted into the Pennsylvania State Hall of Fame.
· Chairperson should notify each committee member by August 1st and also the person in charge of obtaining plaques and certificates.
· Each committee member will be responsible for submitting a vote for every name listed on the ballot and having his or her ballot returned to the committee chairman by the designated deadline. Committee Members may abstain from voting if they feel that no candidates are worthy of induction.
PENNSYLVANIA HORSESHOE PITCHERS HALL OF FAME COMMITTEE STRUCTURE
The following guidelines will govern the structure of the Hall of Fame Committee
· The Hall of Fame committee shall consist of 8 members, all in good standing, and will consist of 4 members from each charter (Eastern and Western).
· Each charter will be responsible for selecting committee members.
· The committee shall be structured such that the members from the two charters will alternate in succession (East, West, East, etc.).
· The committee will be governed by a committee chairperson.
· The committee chairperson will serve a two year term.
· The committee chairperson will be the person who has progressed to the top of the list.
· Members will move up the list, every two years, ultimately serving as chairperson.
· After serving as chairperson, that member may choose to be placed back on the committee or be replaced. If, after serving as chairperson, a member wishes to remain on the committee, he or she will be placed at the bottom of the committee list.
· If, or when, a committee position needs to be filled, either scheduled or unscheduled, the President of the charter from which the committee vacancy resides will have the responsibility of placing a new member on the committee.
· If an unscheduled position needs to be filled, the member filling that position will take the place of the most junior member on the list from that charter, and the remaining members from that charter will move up accordingly.
· The committee list will be maintained by the Chairperson and handed over to the next chairperson after his or her term is complete.
· The committee chairperson shall have the following responsibilities:
o communicating the list of candidates to committee members, along with resumes and supporting documentation
o coordinating any discussions
o distributing the ballots
o collecting the votes and communicating the results
o maintaining the Hall of Fame committee list during his or her tenure